The goal of the Settlement Engagement Transition Support Program (SETS) is to support and empower refugees and eligible permanent migrants to address their settlement needs in order to improve social participation, economic well-being, independence, personal well-being and community connectedness.
The SETS program is available to humanitarian entrants and certain family stream visa holders in their first five years in Australia.
MCCGC has a dedicated Settlement Caseworker who can assist with:
- providing settlement-related information, advice, and advocacy
- connecting with mainstream and other relevant services
- accessing culturally appropriate physical and mental health services
- supporting vulnerable women at risk
- developing English language skills
- engaging with education and training
- building employment readiness
- empowering youth with their future goals
- a variety of other tasks which can range from acquiring a Tax File Number (TFN) to support with driving and licencing
To refer someone to MCCGC's Settlement service, please complete this form.
MCCGC is funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services to provide the Settlement Engagement Transition Support Program.