Community Development Officer (CAMS)
(Fulltime – Outer Limit)
Location: Ashmore, Gold Coast
At Multicultural Communities Council Gold Coast Ltd (MCCGC) & CÜRA, we deliver a wide range of services to help multicultural communities, seniors and people with disability stay independent, active, and connected within their communities. Our diverse staff speak over 40 languages and we pride ourselves in our compassionate and inclusive approach to service, across South East Queensland and Northern New South Wales.
The position of Community Development Officer (CAMS) is to contribute to the MCCGC strategic vision by supporting the Gold Coast community intercultural connectedness so people from culturally diverse backgrounds can achieve their ambitions for social and economic participation.
We’re seeking a Community Development Officer with experience in managing and coordinating the CAMS program through building connectedness of individuals, work with community leaders to develop and implement strategies to address known issues, promote cross-cultural capability and understanding to build welcome and intercultural connection in the wider community.
- Facilitate opportunity and inclusion of people from culturally and linguistically diverse
- backgrounds through working with broader services, social and industry networks in local areas to be more culturally responsive
- To build the capability of individuals or community groups from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to access and navigate the local service system or opportunities
- To maintain and develop regular connections with diverse local community leaders to identify emerging needs and appropriate responses, and support inclusion of culturally diverse communities in local disaster management efforts through coordinated engagement.
- A tertiary qualification in Community Development, Engagement, Social Science, Education, Training and Assessment or equivalent or at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Gold Coast, culturally diverse communities, and agencies, including established networks.
- Demonstrated ability working with in a cross-cultural manner in a multicultural environment.
- Experience in maintaining and facilitating effective partnerships between key stakeholders such as community groups, organisations, government bodies and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Must hold a current National Police Certificate or have the ability to obtain one.
- Must hold a Working with Children check (blue card) and Disability services positive exemption notice card (yellow card)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Sound understanding and application of contemporary Community Development principals.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of project management principles including the preparation of grants, reports, submissions, and applications.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, deliver, assess, and evaluate customised training to groups, businesses, and organisations.
- Have the capacity to and desire to handle multiple tasks at any given time.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and display initiative, self-motivation, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Experience and/or interest in working in a Culturally and Linguistically Diverse environment.
Benefits for YOU:
- Wonderful People: Work with people who genuinely love what they do! 89% of our staff believe we are truly a great place to work and 99% of our clients would recommend us. (Based on 2020 Employee and Customer Engagement Surveys)
- 24/7 Support: Enjoy the support of our dedicated team behind you at all times and access our Employee Assistance Program for additional support.
- Salary Packaging: Use some of your salary to pay for everyday expenses before income tax is calculate, so you can pay less tax and have more money to spend.
- Training & Development: Take advantage of regular opportunities for training and support your career development goals.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Work with an incredibly culturally diverse team; 65% of our staff were born outside of Australia and collectively we speak over 35 different languages.
- Strong Values: Take pride in working for a multicultural organisation that values Unity, Compassion, Integrity, Respect and Joie de Vivre (Joy of Life).
If this sounds like you and you’re interested in joining our team, please click APPLY NOW below and upload your Resume along with a Cover Letter that tells us why you would love to work with us!