The I Speak Your Language Volunteer is responsible for making friendly telephone calls in another language than English to participants who are experiencing social isolation. The calls provide a consistent relationship for the participant that helps to build confidence, resilience and improves their wellbeing. Volunteers are matched to participants based on language, interests and background, as well as availability. This program is delivered in conjunction with Australian Red Cross.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Attend Southport Red Cross call centre as rostered for a 2 hour weekly shift (approx.)
- Provide a friendly call to approximately clients (20- 30 minutes each) as rostered
- Keep records of calls made and unanswered calls
- Ensure the confidentiality of the client is maintained at all times
- Report any issues or concerns, relating to the client or service, to MCCGC/Red Cross staff
Download the Position Description here