NDIS Community Connectors
The NDIS Community Connectors program supports multicultural people with disabilities to understand and navigate the NDIS.
We can help with:
- Information and education on disability and the NDIS
- NDIS access requests and supporting evidence
- Linking with the NDIS and Partners in the Community
- NDIS Planning and reviews
- Supporting cultural awareness in NDIS service providers
We can support:
- Multicultural people with disabilities and their families
- Multicultural communities
- NDIS providers and community partners
We have NDIS Community Connectors on the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast.
The NDIS Community Connectors program is an intiative of the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to improve access to the NDIS. CÜRA is delivering the program as a subcontractor for the Federation of Ethnic Communities' Councils of Australia (FECCA).
NDIS Support Coordination
If your NDIS plan has funds allocated towards support co-ordination, we can help you put your plan into action and make sure you're getting the most out of your funding. We'll help you understand what services and funds are available to you and connect you with your community and appropriate providers. We have a unique understanding of mental health in the context of culture based on our extensive experience in both the psycho social area and the CALD space, and we're dedicated to providing accessible, consistent and personalised support.
Some of the things we can support you with include:
- looking through your options for service providers
- negotiating services and prices on your behalf
- developing service agreements and booking services
- linking to services including housing, education, transport, health, and more
- preparing for your plan review
- making sure you have choice and control
We're here to help you navigate this complex space and ensure you're getting support that aligns with your unique needs.
We have two NDIS Support Coordinators on the Gold Coast.