In Home Care
Multicultural Communities Council Gold Coast Inc
MCCGC believes that everyone should be able to choose to live in his or her home as long as possible. Our aged care programs help you to stay in your own home and live independently.
- To provide a holistic and quality support service that is flexible, timely and culturally appropriate and responsive to clients' needs.
- To match clients with qualified and experienced support workers, considering clients culture and language.
- As each client's needs increase, we can provide continuation of care.
- Provide support and services that allows individuals to remain independent in their own home.
- Provide opportunities to maintain an active role in their chosen community.
- The client's rights to privacy, confidentiality will be respected at all times.
Home and Community Care (HACC)
Would you like to live independently in your own home for as long as possible, but you need some assistance and are:
- A frail, older person who has difficulties with everyday tasks
- A younger person with a moderate or severe disability
- A carer who cares for a frail older person or someone with a disability
How do you get support at home?
You, your doctor, hospital, a family member or friend can contact us with your permission / consent. MCCGC can provide quality in-home care which may include:
- Domestic Assistance (e.g. vacuuming, mopping floors, cleaning bathroom, ironing and washing).
- Social Support (e.g. shopping, banking, paying bills, medical appointments, getting out into the community).
- Personal care (includes showering and bathing).
- Respite Care (gives carers a break - a support worker will look after a person needing care so the carer can enjoy other activities and interests).
- Linking to other health and community services.
How much will this service cost?
As this is not a fully funded service, clients pay a small contribution towards their service. No-one will be denied a service if unable to contribute, however, a small contribution would be appreciated.